Saturday, August 25, 2012

service charge

When my daughter first learned to sit, I thought of buying a chair for her. I went to a small shop in Adyar, Chennai. I liked a chair in that shop. But it seemed to be little costly. Then I went to a big shop in T.Nagar, Chennai. There too I found the chair of the same model. But the cost was less than 50 percent of the cost in Adyar shop. Below were the differences that I could spot.





T.Nagar Shop
Adyar Shop
There were only 5 pieces, each in different color.
There were around 50 pieces to select from.
No damage in all the 5 display pieces.
Need to search for a piece without damage from 50 pieces.
Showroom was air conditioned and a person was there to guide us.
No air condition and no person to guide.
Price tag was tied with a colorful threaded, easily removable.
Low quality sticker was pasted on top of the chair to indicate
the price, difficult to remove.



But 100 % service charge for these differences seemed to be little costly for me. So, I searched and got a good piece from the big shop.

4 comments:

  1. You never mentioned the price... :P

    What was the actual price in both the shops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @amu: 170 and 350 :-). Which one will be ur take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And it seems your daughter is thoroughly enjoying her new chair... very cute...

    ReplyDelete