Friday, January 3, 2014

office [story]


I entered my office after eleven days of vacation. Everything seamed to be different in the office. Everyone were sitting in the benches along with table in rows like a class room in school. I searched for known face with whom I can sit so that i will be comfortable.

There, I found Mala sitting at the last row and luckily the place next to her was empty. So I went and sat near her. She saw me and smiled. Everyone were reading something and I remembered that there was an exam scheduled for that week,

I thought that I was right on the starting day of the exam. So, I asked Mala if it was English-I paper examination that day. She raised her eye brow and said that its English-II paper. She then asked me if I had prepared for English-I paper. I told "No". And continued, "Even if I had known the exam schedule, I would not have prepared anything." She smiled.

I asked Mala if she can give me a book to read. She gave me a weekly magazine. I was OK with any book since I didn't have any other. I opened the book and started to write in it as I like to write. When everyone around me in the train are reading something, I am writing this story.

The train announcement voice said that the next station is Thiruvanmiyur. So I closed the laptop and got up to reach the entrance amid the huge crowd. As the train stopped, I got down and walked towards Ascendas International Tech Park Chennai. I had a light breakfast in the Ascendas food court and took the lift to 7th floor.

 [continuation of the story is at the start of this blog]

4 comments:

  1. ஒரு ஊருல ரெண்டு குருவி இருந்துச்சாம். ஒரு குருவி பேரு "NO MORE", இன்னொரு குருவி பேரு "ONCE MORE". ஒரு நாள் "NO MORE" செத்து போச்சாம். அப்போ மீதி இருக்க குருவி பேரு என்ன?

    ஒரு ஊருல ரெண்டு குருவி இருந்துச்சாம்...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic Vijay Story!! Superu machan... Its been a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ohm : ONCE MORE please... :-)
    @amu : Thanks amu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. good story thambi :) .. back to sujata's track of story telling ?

    ReplyDelete