Friday, December 26, 2008

2008

The Year 2008 has passed by and I am anticipating the new year 2009. 2008 was a wonderful year with no major changes in my life. While thinking of 2008, I get the following points in my mind -


I started blogging in January 2008. I found this to be an interesting timepass activity. Hope I will continue this in 2009 also.

One other good thing I did in 2008 was my morning exercise. I did it regularly for almost 8-9 months of the year. It was simple yet regular.

I had spent two months in South Korea, three days in Thailand and rest of the 2008 in India. It was a good experience of meeting people from various countries.

In Bangalore, me and my friends shifted our home from BTM to a flat in GMPalaya in September. Still commuting to office using the office bus only.

I continued working as software engineer at my office and enjoyed my work. Worked on two patent ideas during 2008, soon will become a patent holder:)

This year I tried many different restaurants for food with a variety of cuisines, still Thai is my favorite.

I did not see any great Tamil movie during 2008, though many were good. Also I have started seeing some of the other language movies and liked them (Korean - My Sassy Girl, Unstoppable Marriage, Kannada - Matta, Amrutha Varshini, Hindi - A Wednesday).

Terrorist attack in Mumbai hotels shook the entire world.

My view on life and the philosophy that I believe did not change over this year. I am happy about this :)

2008 had a major Economic recession across the globe. I think this is the first major one after I got some understanding on the world economic conditions.

My Share trading also went into losses owing to the market conditions. But I had fun and lot of learnings about share trading over this year. Hopefully 2009 would be one of the best one for share trading.

This year India especially TN got a good amount of rainfall.


Wish you a happy new year 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Wish you a happy and prosperous and most-happening New Year 2009 Vijay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @amudhan: Thanks and wish you the same da.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'The wednesday' is a beautiful movie with totally unexpected (Jeffrey Archer) twist, well acted by Naseerudhin Shah and Anupam Kher. The Mumbai backround increased my liking the movie. Today, I read in newspaper that Kamal is to remake this film with either Mohanlal or Mammotty acting as Police chief and himself acting as 'terrorist'

    ReplyDelete