Tuesday, January 22, 2008

wise servants

I never believed whenever someone blames their servant for the things missing in their home. But recent interactions with my cook proved it wrong. Let me tell one true detective story.

One early morning 6.30, I heard one of my roommate(Prabakar) panicing that the door is open. As I woke up, my other room mate (Sathyan) told that his mobile is missing and asked us to give a call. Yes, his number was not reachable. Then, three of us were talking some things in choas, and one other roommate(Sakthi) told that his purse is gone. I looked for my purse - it was also not there :( We were worried about the credit/ debit cards that were there in the purses. Luckily our lappy's and other items were in place.

Both of us took the bank customer care numbers from net and started blocking the cards. In between, Praba told that my purse is lying outside the door. Yes, except for around 100 rs cash everything including cards were in place. habba... we started searching the other purse. After some 2-3 mins search, got that too in the same condition. Again thanks to Praba. Now all started asking Praba for the mobile :)

We were almost happy. Asusual, the cook came and started his job. We were 101% sure that the door was locked with two latches before we slept the previous night, and there is no other way into the house. There was no damage on the door or anywhere else. The door latches were quite far to reach with hands through the window, and they are quite strong to open with any hook. We were wondering how the thief could have done this...

How we traced the culprit will be available in my next blog.

1 comment: