Thursday, January 24, 2008

[Story] hundred rupees note

Last Friday, I was in full happy mood to go home. I stay in bangalore for work and my parents are in home at madurai. No wonder why I was happy. I packed everything and rushed to Madiwala among the heavy slow moving bangalore traffic. With a huge risk i got into the 8.30 parveen travels bus at 9pm. ha.. the bus also has to come through some traffic!

My seat number was f1, a window seat. Next to me in f2 there was a mid aged man sitting and talking to himself and sometimes to me. Though I dint care for it, I could understand it was his frustration for bangalore traffic. The bus started and I slept, In my dreams....

"A parveen travel bus stops on the way for tea/ snacks. People in the bus are sleepy and no one is getting out of their seat. A small boy from the tea shop comes into the bus, I am looking at him. He tells everyone individually that he can bring them tea to their seat. He is so eager to get some order. When he comes to e1, the seat in front of mine, he gets an order for tea, probably from a software engineer. I will tell you why it must be a software engineer - that person gave 10 rupees and asked the boy to have the change as tips. ok.. then the boy comes near my seat and asks, "what can I do to get hundred rupees note as tips". The already frustrated person at f2 scolds him and asks him to get down. I stop the boy and ask him, "what will you do if you get a hundred rupee note". The boy did not reply how he will spend it, but told that "I will sleep this week" :( I take a new 500 rupee note from my purse and give it to him. I could see the happiness on his face :) He turns around, runs and jumps out of the bus, probably for a good sleep. I was happy."
and my neighbor woke me up saying madurai has come.

Just as I woke up, I checked my purse to find that the new 500 rupee note that I took from SBI ATM was missing.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Dude,

    You must be really crazy to have done that.....
    I don't think you did a philanthropy to feel happy bout it. Nor did you do a foolish thing to crib about it...

    SOrry for not beeing assertive... I wish, if you were to see someone happy, I would been really proud of u, if you had given it to some1 needy.. (Like me.. ofcourse)
    WHere is my 500 bucks.. ra?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vijay... The thing I was worrying is that the money you had given to the boy...might not have been used by himself.

    It would have been used by his owner(after exchanging with 10Rs).

    But the way you have told reminds me about some novels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ending..!

    But I doubt that you would have given him Rs.500 even in your dreams.. have you? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What really happened? The 500 Rs. note was missing? That is too much da...

    ReplyDelete
  5. dei..poi sollatha..i know u woudnt have taken 500rs from ATM

    ReplyDelete