Monday, May 26, 2008

basics in seoul

il, i, sam... start...

Food - I tried eating outside few times before I started cooking in Seoul. The Korean food was very different from what I was expecting before coming here. The food is spicy and the meat is well cooked. Though few people here like raw meat as well, it is not common. Usually they have salads with their food. Noodles and rice are their common food. They manage to eat everything other than liquid with a pair of chop stick. Even I am able to eat noodles with chop sticks now. I also went to a Delhi hotel, which served Indian dishes in modified to Korean form. There is also a chain of Indian hotel called "Ganga".
Shelter - Most of the buildings in Seoul are very big and the roads are very wide. The average speed of the taxi that I take would be around 100 kmph. One of the taxi driver asked me don't we study Korean in school:) The traffic is mixed Indian and American style.
Clothing - Most of the people in Seoul wear formals. My team mates come with coat, suit, tie everyday. Even the securities of big buildings are in coat suit. We saw few people with their traditional dress at the Buddha temple. The traditional dress is very big that it needs two hands to carry while walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment