Sunday, March 30, 2008

[story] gas balloon

One fine Sunday, when I was in Madurai, I went out to buy some groceries. At the shop there were lot of balloons hanging. I realized that it was Christmas time. I added some balloons to my shopping list. With the shopping bag in front of me, it was little difficult for me to ride the bike back home.

After reaching home, I put the bag minus one balloon in the kitchen. With one balloon and the sunnambu dabba I ran to the top floor of our home. I remember that drying balloons with sunnambu inside will make it a gas balloon. I decided to try that out. After applying the necessary chemical stuffs inside the balloon, I dried it with the sun light. Then, blew the balloon. It did not fly as per my expectation. I waited. Slowly the balloon started raising. I held the thread tightly. The balloon moved up with force. Not wanting to leave the balloon, I tied a big rope to the balloon and my body. The balloon started pulling me up. wow! I was flying with the balloon :)

In sometime, the houses looked like match box and people ants. In moretime, I was moving through the clouds. I was hungry - checked my pockets, and found a choc. Remembering that chocs will give instant energy, I took it and ate it. As usual, I put the choc wrapper into my pocket. As time went by I was worried that my mom would be looking for me. Even if the balloon moves down fortunately, I would not land in the same place where I started. The earth rotates and the wind is blowing.

I saw a flight as big as it would be when we see it closer - it should be an international flight, as I am already high enough. still the balloon is moving upward. Now I could feel some kind of difference in pressure. Not sure if it is high or low pressure. My mind thought of physics - With high pressure difference within and outside a balloon, it may burst. As I was thinking the same,
damaar... damaar... the balloon busted. why is there two bursts??

Suddenly an auto driver shouted at me - "did you tell your home before leaving?".
Still I am driving the bike with the shopping bag in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. you have a very good imagination... good story telling vijay... keep this up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dai vijay .... enna calvin's baloon story pathu copy adichuttiya ... Bill watterson will chase you for plagiarism ... but the sunnambhu effect is good, who told you ?

    ReplyDelete