Friday, March 7, 2008

[story] water car

Thursday morning "The times of India" had some news about Dr. Prasad, my physics professor. I read it with interest to see that he is being awarded by chief minister that sunday. The paper had his address which excited me to meet him. I dint forget to take the paper when I went home friday night. Asusual I slept in the upper berth while travelling to madurai in train number 6732.


Saturday morning, I took our newly bought old omni and drove towards Prasad's home. I was happy to see some new bridges being constructed on the way. That has created some traffice in madurai too. I was not worried about it as I am used with bangalore traffic!! somehow I was feeling very sleepy:) As I reached Prasad's home, I pressed the calling bell and waited. The door opened shortly. I was surprised that Mala opened the door. The same Mala whom I saw in hotel Germanus the other day!


Mala was so beautiful in saree. She just asked me to come in as if she knew me. As I sat in the shofa, Dr. Prasad came - he has become pretty old. After greeting him, I looked at Mala. Prasad introduce me to her, and told me that it is Mala her daughter. Prasad asked me if I want coffee or juice. He turned to Mala and asked coffee for himself. Mala looked at me and raised her eye brow as if to ask what I want. I told, "ditto". She smiled a mile and went into the kitchen. Her face didnot vanish from my eyes.


Prasad told me that he is getting old and not happy with travelling from home to office - hence had setup a lab in home itself. I acknowledged him by saying that the roads are becoming busy and its difficult to travel. He did not expect any answer from me and he complined that he is getting so much of anger these days. I told that I am still in a sleepy mood and hearing some train sound at the background :) He wanted to show me his lab. I wanted to goto lab after having coffee, as I was still thinking of Mala. He pulled me saying that he will show me a car which runs in water. I asked him if it will be like a ship. He replied that it will use water as its fuel. Amazing! I went with him to his garrage (lab).

In his lab, I saw a car hanging at a height of 6 feet from ground. When I went inside, Prasad warned me not to touch anything as the parts of the car are fitted tight. ok. I went below the car and rotated one of its wheel. It came with my hand. ha.. I left it down and ran outside. As I just came out, the car fell and got crashed:( Prasad got angry - frustrated - took the long heavy screw driver and came towards me as if he is going to kill me. I got frightened and shouted "Mala...". nobody came :( Prasad came near me and inserted the screw driver into my stomach.. aaaaaa... The train sound increased and the person in the lower berth woke me up saying that madurai is nearing.

4 comments:

  1. Dei,
    Kalakkura... both the dream stories are good.. i like the flow..

    keep writing..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mudiyala... ennala mudiyala... great going da...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the stories are grt anna..........i nvr expected that u write thiiiis good :)
    splly the previous one........really grt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super super ... as usual shades of Sujatha, but with the Vijay mark ... stupid me, reading these things so late :(

    ReplyDelete